Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Silhouette Applique

So I was busy busy last week and then this week I have been doing some projects I found on other blogs. So my tutorial post for this week is very easy! Using my favorite new toy the Silhouette SD I used the print and cut feature to make some cute appliques. I purchased a roll of ink jet printer cotton. It is fabric cut to fit in your printer with paper on the back so that it will roll smoothly through. Make sure you follow the directions on the package to heat set the ink as all brands are a little different. So here is what I did.

I picked out a couple of images that I wanted to use and colored them in Silhouette Studio. once I had all of my images colored and sized the way I wanted them I printed them directly onto my cotton fabric.

After I had them printed I made sure to heat set the ink so I wouldn't lose all my work when I washed it, then applied wonder under to the back of my fabric.

Next I loaded them on the carrier sheet and cut the images using my silhouette. ( you could do this without a silhouette by printing and then hand cutting your images.)

Last I ironed my images onto the clothing I wanted them on and stitched around the edges.
For this outfit I used a download from the silhouette store cut the bee from fabric and the words from freezer paper. The words were stenciled in black fuzzy fabric paint. The bee had to be cut in half because of the ruffles on the skirt.
This whale came out so cute I used a pattern fill to color the whale with blue polka dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment